Though I’ve registered for Drupalcamp NJ for 3 years now, this was the first year that I was able to actually attend. The past 2 years were just some unfortunate luck that had me cancel my plans.
Hosted at Princeton, this was my first visit there. The ride there wasn’t too bad and I didn’t get lost. Once I arrived in Princeton it was a bit tricky as it was like a city that was a school. Plus there was snow everywhere, but I eventually found the parking lot and the building.
The keynote speaker did a great job. HeÂ talked aboutÂ ways that you can manage yourself/career. It was very interesting and he was a very great speaker.
I attended the following sessions:
- Using Media, Picture, and Focal Point modules – this was a pretty bad presentation. It just seemed to rushed and unorganized. I do look forward to checking the mentioned modules and workflow out.
- 5 Top Drupal Innovations You Can’t Live Without – a solid presentation. Didn’t learn too much new from it, but was enjoyable though.
- Acquia Workflows for Drupal Developers, Site Builders – I was interested to learn more about Acquia’s offerings. I was impressed by their tools offered and look forward to playing around with them a bit in the future.
- SEO Awesome for Drupal Sites – good and useful presentation. The speaker was very well organized and pointed out some great tips.
- View Demystified – a great presenter. While it was a bit more for beginnersÂ than I’d of hoped, it was a great presentation.
All in all it turned out to be a pretty great day. Learned a lot and explored a new place. The Drupal community continues to impress me.